Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Thoughts

On this beautiful Mother's Day, I find myself with a very full heart with so much to be grateful for!  Just a short time ago this was a painful day for me.  My heart still aches for those who are waiting to be mothers.  Just know you are very loved!

My sweet baby girls bring me so much joy.  These two have changed my life forever and I will never be the same.  Motherhood is a beautiful experience filled with yes, lots of hard work but also incredibly rewarding moments.  Harmony, with her mischievous grin and little chuckle.  Her little sense of humor brings frequent laughter to our home.  This little girl is a very independent baby but makes sure to give us cuddles and hugs to show she needs us.  Her love for music, dancing, animals and the outdoors is refreshing.  People say, "Oh, she is so lucky to have you as her mom."  But the truth is, I am the blessed one.  And Charlotte, sweet Charlotte.  Her giddy little smile, intense blue eyes and sweet charm are beautiful.  This baby is one little cuddle bug and I cherish her snuggles and giggles.  These girls are so very opposite from each other but so beautiful in who they each are as little people.  God has surely blessed our family!


 Today, I am also very thankful for my mom.  Even though we live states apart she has always made the effort to visit and be a part of our girl's lives.  Coming to town for baby showers, birthday parties and to lend a helping hand.  Thank you for raising me to be the woman I am today and thank you for loving me and my family.  I love you so much and wish you a very happy Mother's Day.


And on this day, there is one person who will forever be loved and celebrated.  Harmony's birth mother.  Her heartache and loss was my joy and gain.  Mother's Day brings very mixed emotions for me.  Of course I am thrilled to be a mom to my two beautiful girls, but at the same time I know this day brings pain and sadness to her.  She gave me the gift of motherhood and for that I will forever be grateful.  We love you Destiny and wish you a very special Mother's Day.

Destiny and Harmony





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Amy. The part about Destiny made me tear up. As a friend of mine grieves the loss of her much-awaited pregnancy this week, I'm remind of such gifts we've been given in our girls!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Thinking of your friend. We are definitely very blessed. :)

      Delete