Friday, November 11, 2011

Waiting...

Last week we finished all of the paperwork within our control.  It is such a great feeling!  However, now we are waiting for things to come through that are totally out of our control.  We are still watching the mailbox for our background checks, fingerprinting and insurance verification.  Once we get these three things we will be able to turn our whole stack of paperwork into the agency and start the homestudy interview process.  Even though our mound of tasks was overwhelming and daunting at least it was up to us how fast it was completed.  I'm not enjoying waiting on other people to complete these last couple things! 

Today I started working on our scrapbook the birth mothers will look through when they are deciding on an adoptive family.  I knew this would be a hard step and my feelings are proving true!  How on earth are we supposed to pick only a handful of pictures that portray our life?!  I just keep asking myself, "What would I want to see in a family if I were placing my baby up for adoption?". 

While we're waiting we continue living our lives as a family.  This past week my mom and sister came to town for a quick visit.  We officially started our baby shopping by making our first trip to Babies "R" Us.  It's so exciting to me that we finally get to begin our preparations for baby!  As with any adoption there are many unknowns with the timing of when we will bring our baby home.  There is no waiting list, we are put into a pool and chosen by the birth mother.  They have told us the average waiting time is 11 months but that we should also be prepared to get chosen right away.  We know everything happens in God's timing and that He already has the perfect baby in mind to join our family.

2 comments:

  1. This is very exciting! I'm sure your scrapbook will be wonderful... but even so, I'm sure the greatest relief is knowing that God will fulfill everything within His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda, it is such a relief to know that ultimately it is out of our control. God has the perfect baby out there for us in His perfect timing. So comforting!

    ReplyDelete